Friday, February 14, 2014

Grandma's dating life

One of my favorite things is watching Grandpa tell a story, particularly the story of how he met Grandma, and later proposed to her.  Little known to me prior to a couple of years ago, was Grandma's side of the story, or an aspect of their courtship that I found inspiring and humorous. Once when they were dating she said she got tired of Grandpa coming over to her apartment without first making a date with her (I know I can relate) and what she did next was surprising to me.  The next time he came over, she said, "I was sitting on another guy's lap! That sure showed him!" So apparently even then guys needed a little push to make plans with a girl now and then :)

-Amanda

1 comment:

  1. That's funny! I hadn't heard that before. I've heard dad tell the story of how he met mom at Utah State University. His roommate, Frank Bingham introduced them. Dad's eyes get moist when he tells the story and he gets a little choked up. One look at Mom and he said to himself, "that's the girl I'm going to marry".

    ReplyDelete