Saturday, February 15, 2014

Watts towers

I remember a trip when we were in California and mom had read about watts towers.  She was very interested in it and was determined that we all see it. It turned out watts towers was in a very bad part of town and not a very safe place for a very Mormon, large family from Utah.  I remember being in the old, blue station wagon and for some reason it had a BYU sticker on the back of it. Mom was still very determined and we ended up getting very lost trying to find it.  We finally pulled over and mom asked a group of scary looking guys hanging out on the corner. I remember hearing them giving the directions and saying "you go over the train tracks" repeating themselves a couple of times.  We all made it to the towers and had a good and interesting time exploring and then left breathing a sigh of relief.
-Joann

No comments:

Post a Comment