Mom (Gloria Randall) grew up in Pocatello, Idaho. When she was a young woman, she often worked in her Dad's grocery store on North Main Street. One day a woman, new to the area, came into the store and asked, "Do you know where I can find any light house keeping work?" Somewhat surprised, Gloria thought about it for moment and said, "there aren't any lighthouses around here".
I think I first heard that story from Grandpa and he loved telling it. I asked Mom about it recently and she said she guesses she had a blonde moment. She said, "I had a fascination with light houses, but the only thing I could thing of that resembled a light house near my town was the grain elevator south of town.
Mom didn't know it then, but she would become a lighthouse keeper. She and Dad met at Utah State University and Dad was smitten. They went on the Marry and be sealed in the Salt Lake Temple and they raised six children in the light and truth of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.
Thank you Mom for filling our home with light and love.
-Darell

No comments:
Post a Comment