
When I attended ISU and USU, I joined the LDS sorority of Omega chapter in Lambda Delta Sigma. That was a blessing for my social life. And it was through friends I made there at USU, that I met my husband, Corydon Stuart Bagley.
Then when I had completed my graduation requirements in December, 1956, I needed to stay on campus because I had become engaged to Cory. So I got a job with Dr. Wilcox in the food lab. It was a new thing to test for Cholesterol). Dr. Wilcox got a grant to be part of the testing. Now that is where I come in. For one week we would test meals made only with butter, the next week another kind of fat, etc. I was the chief cook and bottle washer. I planned the meals, cooked them and cleaned up. And this had to be three meals a day for a true test. We had what we called our diet squad of about eight, and they were the Guinea pigs. Cory and Frank Bingham were on the squad and that worked out good. This way I had work until spring when I graduated class of '57. Then one week later, Cory and I were married in the Salt Lake Temple.
And when Grandpa tells the story he proclaims about the meals made with butter, "and it was so good!"
ReplyDelete