Wednesday, April 2, 2014

apricot picking and plugging our noses

I just thought about something else that got me to smile.  I remember when we were young and you would always want to go up to Draper and pick apricots at an orchard so you could make your fruit leather or can or bottle them.  I don't know I was a kid all I know is you wanted to go and we had to go too.  We wanted to take Lucky our faithful Dachsaund so we wouldn't be bored.  I remember walking around with him on his leash and then all of a sudden he jerked away and ran off into the bushes.  We started to run towards the bushes to try and find him and soon turned the other direction plugging our noses.  We knew right away what he had chased and found in the bushes a skunk.  The only problem was he couldn't come when we called his name because the leash got tangled in the bushes and he was stuck there yelping.  He didn't like the smell either.  I can't remember who ran back to rescue him, it might have been Darrell.  All I remember was you didn't seem to either smell it or just was so interested in the task at hand and the whole purpose of being there. You wouldn't leave until you had your buckets full, that was a fun adventure.  I know the ride home was not very pleasant but you just laughed and made light of it all.  I have always admired how up beat and positive you can be even in the most trying times or struggles.  You make me smile just thinking about these little memories.  Thanks Mom,
Love Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment