Reading my brother Cory's memories triggered a few more memories of my own about the delicious Sunday Dinners Mom would cook. I remember coming home from church and there would be a lamb roast in the oven. It had those little pine needle things on it that I later learned was rosemary and it sure was delicious. I don't think I have had anything that tasty since except for that pheasant that I wrote about earlier. Then their were those twice baked potatoes with cheese melted on top and one my all time favorites, Yorkshire pudding, which was not actually pudding as we know it, but some kind of dough that would create mountains and valleys in the oven when it baked. Mom would call us over to the oven to look at the interesting topography that was developing in the oven. It was fun to watch and delicious.

-Darell
No comments:
Post a Comment