Monday, April 7, 2014

Dear, Sweet Gloria

The first thing that comes to mind when I think of Gloria is a big, happy smile!  She is always smiling and laughing and doing her very best to make the world a better place!  She is kind, gracious, and non-judgmental and her warmth and friendship have been a priceless blessing in my life, the lives of my children, and of course, my husband.  She truly tries to follow the Savior all day, every day of her life.


It is hard to talk about Grandma, without including Grandpa too.  We have been so blessed to have Grandma and Grandpa so close in our lives.  We originally made a deliberate choice to move close to them and our other grandparents because constant family interaction is so important to us.  After entwining our two households, I feel we are even closer.  We love it when we have extra food and they can stay for an impromptu dinner.  I love being in their ward and sitting by them at church - and going to Relief Society with Gloria.  It is a special gift to our children to be able to sit by them in sacrament meeting and even sometimes hear their prayers and testimonies - and even sing with them in the ward choir.  It seems very special to me to watch my little ones grow up on the land their daddy and grandpa loved: the third generation of little Bagleys to grow up here.  It always makes me happy in the afternoon when I hear the back doorbell ring, because it is usually Grandma here for a visit and to get the mail.  I tease her that when we move back to Vintry, we are going to have their mail sent there so that they still have to come visit us everyday!  All the kids come running and shout for joy when they hear her voice at the back stairs.

As they do for all their grandchildren, they always try to attend all of our important school, dance, and sporting events.  Holidays and birthdays would not be complete without them.  For years, we have had a tradition of eating Christmas brunch together with both sets of grandparents before we open our Christmas gifts.  It is my happiest part of Christmas to see those I love so much sitting around the table on Christmas morning.  (Even though the kids almost die waiting for us to finish so they can get to the presents!)

We have had so many wonderful vacations, activities, and fun times with them.  I get lonesome for Gloria if I don't talk to her almost every day and no event, even on the other side of the family, seems complete unless they are there.  She is one of the first people I call to share good news and bad.  She is one of the most wonderful people I know and even though I don't say it nearly enough, I sure hope that she knows how much I LOVE HER!  Happy Birthday Gloria!
Love, Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment