We have been able to enjoy many fun trips with Mom and Dad. We usually stayed somewhat close such as camping trips to Fish Lake or other nearby camping areas. We even got to go to Lake Powell one year. Sometimes we even went as far as California and stayed with aunt Gwenny. We got to go to Disneyland and also got to see Watts towers (see Watts Tower story) while we were there.
 |
| England Trip |
There was one special trip England to visit Corydon, Lisa, Dustin and Ashley. While they were stationed there with the air force. Charles and I were fortunate to be able to go with. Aunt Gwenny was able to meet up with us and come also. We had a great time and saw many wonderful and fascinating things. We even took a little side trip to Paris with a bus load of people from England.
We became known as the five Americans.
 |
| England Trip |
I remembered that there was a big time difference there, I think it was about seven hours. Mom really did not want to change her watch to the correct time so anytime we asked her what time it was she would have to take a minute and count back from Utah time. I also remember that where ever we visited she would always take a minute or two to find out as much information about the place as possible. If there were pamphlets, books or brochures about the place she would be interested in having them and reading up about it. It was the same on trips when we were little kids too. If there was a historical marker or monument on the way she would want to stop for a minute and read and study it. I know that when we were little kids we were probably impatient about things like that but now I am grateful for the enrichment and the things that we were able to learn along the way.
Every place that we have visited has an amazing history. From Bryce Canyon to Yellowstone, and from London and Paris to Gates of the Mountain Montana. It is great to not just be able to see these sites but to know the history behind them too.
I am also grateful for a mom who has learned and shares so much about family history too.
I love you Mom
Love, Joann
 |
The car top camper
The Skyline Drive |
No comments:
Post a Comment