Thursday, April 3, 2014

Important Events


It's tough to come up with one memory or story about Grandma.  For as long as I can remember she has always been there along with Grandpa at some of the most important parts of my life.  I was always excited to see them attend my music performances in junior high and high school.  It was always neat to hear how proud they were of me and how much they wanted to share in my accomplishments.  I cannot think of a time that they missed a performance.  

Grandma and Grandpa were also there at my high school graduation and most importantly they are a big reason of why I was able to serve a mission.  I remember Grandma taking me shopping to help me buy my missionary suit and I know how much they helped me while I was gone which is even more amazing to me because they were serving their mission at the same time I was serving mine.  I remember an elder on my mission telling me that he had met my grandparents in the MTC and they loved talking about how proud they were of me.  That is one thing that I have always known about Grandma and Grandpa, that they truly love and are proud of me as their grandson.  

Prior to my mission I remember working summers with Grandma and Grandpa in their yard and I would sometimes stay there for days at a time.  This was their way of helping me out with scout camps and other things that I had going on my life.  They were always wiling to help out but they taught me the importance of hard work as well.  I will always cherish the talks we had while we were working or during our breaks when Grandma would prepare us a delicious lunch.  Their house and their yard hold some precious memories for me of wonderful times spent together.  It is through this that Grandma has also taught me the importance of cherishing the simple moments of spending time with family.  No matter how big the family gets she is always working to get us together and to teach us the important principle that families truly can be together forever.  Grandma also teaches this lesson to all of us through her dedication to family history work.  

Grandma and Grandpa I want to thank you for always being there for me and my family and for supporting me at all of the important events in my life.  You were there to support me in my love of music and show me how proud you were of me.  You were there to support me as I went on to scout camps.  You were there during precious family vacations to Yellowstone (a family favorite) and other places.  You were a major support for me while I was on my mission and were there when I got back.  You were always so welcoming and loving to new family members and showed that love and support to me and Rachelle on our wedding day.  Your gift of the picture of the temple was a wonderful way to remind me how much you cherish temples and family.  I also want to thank you for being there at the hospital after the birth of Benjamin.  It was amazing to see the love that you and Grandpa had for him as your newest great grandchild while you held him for the first time.  Family is truly a special thing and you have continually taught me that throughout my life.  Thank you for all the times you were there for me and continue to be there for me.  

We love you,
Matt, Rachelle and Benjamin Pugsley.  




No comments:

Post a Comment