Thanks and I love you, Susan
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
Lucky to have a Mom like you
After reading Joann's post I was thinking too about growing up and mom reading stories to us. After dinner we would help clean up the kitchen and get our pajamas on so we could snuggle down on the couch next to mom in anticipation. I remember fondly the book series she would start reading to us and I mean start, because as soon as she would get comfortable and get to the really exciting part her voice would seem to trail off and we would look up to see she had dozed off to sleep. "Hey what happened you are at the best part? I know she worked hard all day and so when she sat down she just seemed to drift off to sleep. It took a lot to take care of all of us and believe me after having 6 kids of my own I know what it means to sit down after a long day and just drift off to sleep.Thanks for giving us the love of reading. I think I too loved hearing the Happy Hollister's and little house on the Prairie. When I think about Mom I also think about fresh baked bread made in tomato juice cans coming out of the oven just as we are coming home from school. And Mom;s comment looking up from the sewing machine would be "are you home"? I always thought that was funny because she was looking right at us. I loved your cooking and that sparked in me the desire to want to cook and create new and exciting dishes like you did. You did make some interesting food at times like Cow Tongue, Ugh that one I don't think I was to keen on. I also remember fondly of the trips we took growing up like camping in the High Unitas at Grand Daddy lakes. We would go out hiking and come back to some really yummy food cooking on the camp stove. I also remember the trip we took in 1976 around Easter time to California to visit Aunt Gwenie and Mimi and David. You had heard about some creation someone had made out of Junk in a place we didn't know about called Watts Towers. I know I was very nervous as we drove over the railroad tracks in search for that massive art work you just had to see. Later after I was married Steve, who grew up in California said you guys were crazy to go there no one goes there it is dangerous because of the gangs that were around there. You were so in grossed in this tower I don't think you even paid attention to the stares we were getting. This all white family of eight with BYU sticker in the back window must have thrown them for a loop and too surprised to do anything about it. It still makes me smile and chuckle when I envision the seen. I also loved making memories with my own children as they were younger going on trips together like Yellowstone and Bryce Canyon. The trip we took going through Wyoming and up to Custer's Battlefield was fun stopping in those fun little towns and seeing the sights we you and Dad. I love you so much and appreciate you more and more as I get older. I just wanted to let you know you are the best mom.
Thanks and I love you, Susan
Thanks and I love you, Susan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment