Thursday, April 3, 2014

Doctor Mom

When we were sick Mom would come to our aid. For a bad chest cold, like I have right now, the remedy included a hot lemon and honey drink and a Mustard Plaster at night. Has anyone heard of a Mustard Plaster these days? It was one of the original aroma therapies. Mom would make a poultice out of cotton cloth and mustard powder and I am not sure what else and literally plaster it right on your chest at night. It sounds like something to put on a hot dog instead of your chest, but the hot lemon and honey and the aroma of the mustard plaster, mixed with Mom's love and care, really worked wonders when you had a bad cold. Come to think of it, I could use a Mustard Plaster right now. Where are you Mom?

-Darell

No comments:

Post a Comment