Sunday, April 6, 2014

Mom remembers our birthdays

The title of the blog (Lighthouse Keeping) and the lead story seem to indicate that we are allowed to poke a little fun at Mom.  Well here are a couple that I remember having a good laugh about.

Mom has always been so kind to remember all of our birthdays, including all the grandchildren and I'm sure great grandchildren... although I'm not involved in that department so I'm not 100% sure.  We have always appreciated the cards, gifts and the checks. One birthday, not too long after we had moved away, we received a birthday check that I wasn't sure how to cash.  We wondered if it would be rejected or put on hold by the bank.  We weren't sure if it would send up some kind of fraud alert or bounce back at mom's credit union.  In the end, I think we just asked mom for a  new check.

She had signed it "Gloria Birthday".

Later, for Sydney's 12th birthday she received a card from grandma that kinda made us wonder what was going on back home. 

Mom had signed the card...

"...Our Love, Grandpa & Grandpa Bagley"




Mom, Happy 80th Birthday, we love you so much. 

Love,
Matt, Maria, Taffin, Madi, Sydney & Lance

No comments:

Post a Comment