Sunday, April 6, 2014

"BIG HUG" Birthday Cards

Dear Grandma,
Living out here in Michigan, I don’t have quite as many memories with you as I would like to have. BUT the memories I do have with you are super super super wonderful! First off, I just want you to know how much I love you. The last couple minutes of me and my family's big long drive to your house always go by so slowly because I’m always very excited  to see you and grandpa! Your house has always been a source of wonder for me. I remember being a little girl wanting to explore every nook and cranny of your house. One year, I found your can of dehydrated water. Another year, I finally discovered your amazing backyard (and subsequently spent the entirety of the week trying to get with the big boys and help them build a fort). Another year, you showed me your stash of birthday presents you planned to send out. One year, me and Madi found a mouse pad with a baby face on it and wrapped it up like a real baby and fooled everyone! I have always loved you, and your comfy, fun, adventurous, little emporium on Pheasant Way. Last year, you got to show me cool new updates in our family history, and I got to help you get orange juice out of your phone. For some reason, I think that a  really good experience for both of us! I liked being able to laugh about that with you and then help you out with it. (After the laughter stopped of course.) Also, I love your “BIG HUG” birthday cards. And your real big hugs. I just love you! I hope your birthday is great! 

Love, Sydney. 

No comments:

Post a Comment